的 海洋科学与工程学院 offers the only ocean engineering degree in the state of Mississippi and one of only 10 such programs in the nation. 这个程序 features interdisciplinary coursework that integrates multiple engineering fields (e.g., mechanical, civil, electrical, computer, 环境al). 之间的合作 ocean engineering and other oceanographic disciplines allow our students the opportunity 从事其他与海洋有关的研究.
的 ocean engineering program is housed at the University’s 海湾公园 campus. 的 pre-engineering components of the program will be available at both the 海湾公园 and Hattiesburg campuses during freshmen and sophomore years. 在大三和大四 今年的学生将在海湾公园校区. 这将给学生一个独特的机会 to access laboratory facilities in 斯坦尼斯航天中心 as well as at the Marine 研究 在格尔夫波特的中心.
的 Bachelor of Science program in ocean engineering at USM is accredited by the Engineering 认可委员会(评核委员会 教唆.
Students will work with 海洋 science faculty to gain hands-on experience with AUVs, gliders, ROVs and other sensor systems in the lab or in the field from USM vessels, 例如R/V Point Sur.
海洋工程 program has 6 credit hours of summer internship in the curriculum. 实习 provide students with valuable work experience and allow them to connect with employers in the region at federal agencies and engineering firms in the area.
Engineering learning continues outside the classroom and 海洋工程 students will get the opportunity to apply the knowledge and skills acquired through coursework before they graduate and will be stronger candidates for employers because of it.
USM is at the forefront in developing and implementing new capabilities to use autonomous 探索海洋的平台. 我们的学生有机会获得独特的资产，如 18’ Unmanned Surface Vehicle (USV) (C-Worker 5), a 100” Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) (Iver3), an explorer class AUV rated for 2000m, among other systems.
Senior 海洋工程 students will take project and design and capstone courses and will have the chance to apply their knowledge and skills to design and application 定向研究项目. 海洋工程 program will also provide 荣誉学院 students the chance to participate in cutting edge undergraduate research.
重点教授:博士. Gero Nootz
Step into the fascinating world of 海洋 exploration alongside none other than Dr. Gero Nootz. As an esteemed engineer, Assistant Professor, and the mastermind behind optimizing optical instruments on small autonomous 海洋 vessels, he's delving deep 进入未知的水域.
的 mission of the 海洋工程 program is to provide students with the best possible preparation to excel in an ocean related industry as highly competent engineers 或者去追求更高的学位.
的 goal of the 海洋工程学士 Program is to become an established provider of high-quality education in the field of ocean engineering and to be recognized for its well-prepared graduates who can become leaders in their field. 我们的愿景是 become the premier institution for the development of uncrewed systems and the modeling 以及对墨西哥湾的监测.
- Graduates use the knowledge and skills to successfully develop engineering solutions to complex current and future problems considering the unique challenges of the ocean 环境.
- Graduates take economic, 环境al, and societal factors into account as they 找到一个工程解决方案.
- Graduates gain the trust and respect of peers as effective and ethical members of 多元化的团队.
- Graduates advance intellectually and professionally through lifelong learning building 基于他们的教育.
- Graduates are prepared to seek out positions of leadership within their profession, 他们的组织，他们的社区.
(1) an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying 工程、科学和数学原理.
(2) an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, 环境al, and economic factors.
(3) an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
(4) an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, 环境al, and societal contexts.
(5) an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive 环境, establish goals, plan tasks, and 满足目标.
(6) an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
(7) an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning 策略.
石油和天然气 & 可再生